Welcome to JCDL
The Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL) is a major international forum focusing on digital libraries and associated technical, practical, and social issues. JCDL enhances the tradition of conference excellence already established by the ACM and IEEE-CS by combining the annual events that these professional societies have sponsored on an annual basis, the ACM Digital Libraries Conferences and the IEEE-CS Advances in Digital Libraries Conferences.
At this conference the Vannevar Bush Best Paper Award, Best Student Paper Award, Best International Paper Award, Best Poster award are presented to persons who have made outstanding contribution to this field. This conference invites papers on the wide range of topics of interest in Digital Library to the National and International Community.
JCDL 2013 -- submission date extension
JCDL 2013 will be held in Indianapolis, IN from July 22 - 26 at the JW Marriott Indianapolis Hotel.
- February 4
- Full paper submissions
- February 8
- Short paper, panel, poster, and demonstration submissions
- February 15
- Tutorial and workshop submissions
- March 15
- Notification of acceptance for tutorials and workshops
- March 29
- Notification of acceptance for full papers, short papers, panels, posters and demonstrations
- April 15
- Doctoral consortium abstract submissions
JCDL 2014 Conference Proposals
The JCDL Steering Committee solicits proposals from groups interested in organizing the JCDL conference in 2014 and beyond. Interested parties should contact the steering committee chair at Ed Fox for further details.
JCDL 2012 Awards
JCDL 2012 was held in Washington, DC in June. Congratulations to the award winners!
- Vannevar Bush best paper award
- Hongbo Deng, Jiawei Han, Michael R. Lyu, and Irwin King for their paper Modeling and exploiting heterogeneous bibliographic networks for expertise ranking
- Best student paper award
- Jürgen Bernard, Tobias Ruppert, Maximilian Scherer, Jörn Kohlhammer, Tobias Schreck for their paper Content-based layouts for exploratory metadata search in scientific research data
- Best poster award
- Robert Sanderson for his poster Global web archive integration with memento