Chapel Hill has many attractions. The Research Triangle is alive with culture - music, museums, art and dance.
Our Beautiful Campus
- The Cat’s Cradle - Legendary local rock venue
- The Local 506 - Smaller venue
- The Cave - Chapel Hill’s oldest tavern
- King’s Barcade - Raleigh’s best rock club
- Bynum Front Porch - Fantastic music down on the front porch
- Carrboro ArtsCenter - Local Carrboro Venue
- The Independent - Arts Calendar
Brochures Available at JCDL
- Ackland Art Museum (limited quantities)
- Morehead Planetarium and Science Center (limited quantities—Discount coupon available online.)
- UNC Chapel Hill Visitors Guide
- List of RTP-area museums - Most of these links don’t work, so just Google the museum names. NC Museums of Art, Life and Science, and Natural Sciences recommended. Exploris, Ackland and Duke’s new Nasher as well.
Local Art Galleries
Where to begin? Start exploring here:
- Durham Art Walk - Durham Art Walk has lots of links
- Durham Arts Council - Durham Arts Council
- Second Friday Art walk - Looks like the 9th is the second Friday, but this site has lots of links to CH/Carrboro Art Galleries (and other cool places)
You probably want to refer to Drinking
- Stanley Cup Finals - If the Stanley cup finals extend to game 5, it will be played in the RBC Centura Center in Raleigh, NC (June 14). You’ll need to get your tickets immediately once they go on sale (Ticketmaster), and prepare to shell out at least 125 dollars for the cheapest seats in the house. However, you will be able to get tickets if you make an effort. Don’t count on being able to scalp game-day for under 300 dollars, though.
- Durham Bulls - Tampa Bay AAA affiliates the Durham Bulls will be on a 8-game homestand during JCDL if you want to experience one of the nicest minor league ballparks in the country.
- Carolina Mudcats - Florida AA affiliates the Carolina Mudcats play in Zebulon, NC (near Raleigh). They will be at home for the ninth through the eleventh.
- Greensboro Grasshoppers - Only the obsessed would trek out to Greensboro to see the Florida single A affiliates the Greensboro Grasshopers. That said, they do have a fantastic brand-new ballpark.
- Frisbee Golf Course at Chapel Hill - If you are interested there are several frisbee golf courses in the area with the closest one to the conference being on the campus itself.